Saturday 17 and Sunday 18 September 2022 will take place on European Heritage Days, on the theme “Sustainable heritage”. Find on this page the activities planned for this event in Pays Foyen and surroundings!
La Micro-Folie and European heritage
To make you travel without taking the plane, come and discover the unique “European Union” collection at the digital museum. The bonus: the Micro-Folie also invites you to visit the Château de Fontainebleau in virtual reality.
Saturday September 17, from 14 p.m. to 17 p.m., at the Micro-Folie du Pays Foyen. Free admission.
In Pays Foyen: the sites that welcome you
- Chateau du Puch de Gensac in PELLEGRUE: guided tours with the owner of the Château.
- Boating Dordogne Museum in PORT-SAINTE-FOY-ET-PONCHAPT: open house, temporary and permanent exhibitions, “La Dordogne, a palette of colours” painting competition, exhibition in the Amanieux gallery.
- Pays Foyen Museum in SAINTE-FOY-LA-GRANDE: guided tours in the recently renovated exhibition space on earthenware, the works of Franck Barret, the construction of the bastide and migrations in Pays Foyen.
In Pays Foyen: visits, walks and entertainment
- Theatrical improvisation "The thread of history" by the Zigomatic Company, at the opening of the cultural season of the municipality from SAINTE-FOY-LA-GRANDE
- Leo's Party in PELLEGRUE: commented hike, round table on the history of Pellegrue, concert dedicated to Mélina Mercouri, food, storytelling with Daniel Chavaroche and nocturnal wanderings in the bastide.
- Guided tour “Along the Dordogne” in SAINTE-FOY-LA-GRANDE, with a guide.
With the partners of the Tourist Office
- DURAS Castle : free visit of the Château at a reduced rate, blacksmithing demonstrations.
- Castle of GAGEAC-ET-ROUILLAC : guided tours at reduced price, by the owner of the castle.
- Château de Michel de Montaigne and village of SAINT-MICHEL-DE-MONTAIGNE: guided tours, exhibition on organic farming, treasure hunt for children, heritage hike, visit to the church and projection.
- Perreau domain in SAINT-MICHEL-DE-MONTAIGNE: Escape game in a XNUMXth century building, immersion in the peasant world
- John and Eugenie Bost House, LA FORCE: free tours of the permanent and temporary exhibitions, guided tours of the temple of the foundation, concert at the temple.
- Porcheres mill : guided tours of the mill at a reduced price, demonstrations by craftsmen (stonemason, blacksmith, cabinetmaker, basket maker, pottery, etc.).
- Windmill of the Veyssière : visits to the museum and the orchard, oil tasting, free admission.
- Gallo-Roman villa de MONTCARET: free entry for the visit of the archaeological site.